The 2014-2015 Final Budget in the amount of $226.8 million was approved by the Reading School District Board of Directors on Wednesday, June 25,2 014. There are no cuts to personnel, programs or services. Other budget highlights include:
· A principal and an assistant principal in every elementary building.
· A school nurse in every building.
· An appropriately staffed district office.
· Employment of approximately 19 additional instructional staff to support students needing academic interventions
· New mathematics textbooks and curriculum materials to support revised curriculum for all classrooms in grades K-5
· Additional curriculum improvements, textbooks, and materials
· Enhancements for alternative education
· Development of a cyber education program.
· Wage adjustments (increase) for all employees.
· New laptop computers, with updated operating systems, for all teachers.
· Additional technology improvements for students and classrooms.
· Renovations for select elementary school building